Congratulations to all participants in the 12th edition of the Bulgarian Creative Writing Competition! A big “thank you” from our whole team! Compared to last year, the number of participants in 2022 was higher – a total of 3014. For the second year in a row, young authors from Pakistan joined us on this journey and contributed to the liveliness of the competition.
For the past couple of days, our 50 judges were busy exploring the iridescent worlds that the students had created and dived deep into the magic of the participants’ imagination! This year, the writing realm was full of unwritten letters, unusual icy trees, illegal technology, celestial friendships, crying Halloween ghosts, magic notebooks, and more!
After a challenging grading period, the judges selected the following 126 national qualifiers, who will advance to the national round of judging on January 29th – 30th:
Here are some summarizing numbers from this year’s competition:
- Schools Participating: 138
- Total number of participants: 3014
- Schools with the largest number of participants:
- СМГ „Паисий Хилендарски“, София – 82
- ЧСУ „Увекинд“, София – 56
- ЧОУ „Азбуки“, София – 54
- ПМГ „Акад. Боян Петканчин“, Хасково – 53; СУ „Св. Паисий Хилендарски“, Пловдив – 53
- ЕГ „Бертолт Брехт“, Пазарджик – 46
- 32 СУИЧЕ „Св. Климент Охридски“, София – 45
- Schools with the largest number of national qualifiers:
- СМГ „Паисий Хилендарски“, София – 6
- 2 АЕГ „Томас Джеферсън“, София – 4
- 2 СУ „Проф. Н. Маринов“, Търговище – 4
- ПЧМГ, София – 4
- National qualifiers from Pakistan – 10
Special thanks to our incredible judges who dedicated their time to read and grade more than three thousand pieces of writing! You’re awesome!